Niagara’s WorkSourceOne has the resources and expertise to help you re-train for new opportunities!
Are you considering developing a new skill or being re-trained?
If so, Niagara’s WorkSourceOne has several partner agencies who may be able to assist, depending on your individual needs and circumstances.
Are you seeking a job that requires new skills?
Learn more about On-the-Job Training (OJT)
OJT incentives reimburse your new employer up to 75%! of your starting salary to help you nail down the job offer for a position where you may have a skills gap!
- You are trained by your new employer right on the work site, based on a training plan developed with the employer before you start the new job.
- The employer is reimbursed at the end of the training period for the training they provided according to your plan.
- You are their employee from day 1 and the expectation is that through the new skills you develop during your OJT training period, you will remain a valuable employee long after the OJT period ends.
If you have a target job in mind, please feel free to call or email Mike about On-the-Job Training:
Ph: (716) 278-8213 | Fax: 278-8587
Email: Mike Kearney
Are you thinking of attending classroom training? If you're interested in short-term/vocational training in a demand occupation, or are about to start your last year of a degree program, you may qualify for up to $5,000 in tuition assistance! Funding is through a federal WIOA grant, does not need to be repaid, and is similar to a scholarship.
Over 100 students received tuition assistance through Niagara County in the past year!
How to Apply:
- Be sure your course is listed on the current Niagara County Approved Training Providers & Courses. Careers listed on the Classroom Training Demand Occupations approved by the Workforce Development Board may be able to be added by your school/training provider for future sponsorship.
- Complete the Classroom Training application and return it to Kerrie. A printable application can be found here. A fillable application may be found here. You can also call Kerrie at 716-278-8281 to request an application. Applications can also be picked up in person at both the Niagara Falls and Lockport One Stop Career Centers.
- Questions? Please call Kerrie at 716-278-8281 or email her at [email protected].
- Applicants must meet program qualifications. Preference will be given to Niagara County residents.
Those individuals who qualify and are approved receive:
- Vocational/skills training at a NYS approved training institution
- Financial assistance for costs associated with the training
- Job placement assistance upon graduation
Take advantage of this funding opportunity to help you pay for your training.
Scholarships & Grants for Students with Disabilities
If you’re a student with a disability and you’re looking for some extra help paying for college or want to take advantage of the many academic and career support programs available, you’ve come to the right place. This guide highlights 40 scholarships to help you reach your academic and career goals, including paths focused on public service such as teaching, law, nursing, and firefighting. Read on to find the funding sources that fit your individual goals and learn about professional resources, advocacy organizations, and opportunities for networking.
WNY Technology Skills Initiative through TECHBUFFALO
The Western New York Tech Skills Initiative is a coalition of local business, civic, government, and tech leaders that have joined forces to bring free tech and digital skills training and promote growth in tech careers for Western New York residents.
Free COURSERA Training! Over 4,000 programs!
The New York State Department of Labor is partnering with Coursera, the leading online training provider. Through Coursera, unemployed New Yorkers will have access to nearly 4,000 programs across high-growth industries and can hone skills in data science, business, and technology. Many of these programs are pathways to certifications, professional certificates and can help elevate your career.
New York State has a team of experts working to curate content based on industry demand to help job seekers gain skills to help them advance in their career.
To request a no-cost account, unemployed New Yorkers should click the button below. Please note, activation may take up to 48 hours.
For more information: https://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/coursera/coursera.shtm
To register: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=6rhs9AB5EE2M64Dowcge5wyd_3NTdw1LkSOJtyuxfqVUREc1REJVOVFJT0QwVTU0UlVDRkhGNU05VS4u
SCORE Entrepreneurial Courses on Demand
On-demand classes that allow self-paced learning on a variety of small business topics. SCORE’s mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
On-demand courses included:
- The Start-up Roadmap outlines each step in starting a business with detailed information and resources.
- Simple Steps for Starting Your Business courses can help with determining if starting a business is the right choice.
For more info: https://www.score.org/courses-demand
Trainings, Webinars and Information for Businesses
The Niagara Small Business Development Center
Niagara County Center for Economic Development
Assist you in identifying your existing skills and learning how they transfer to new industries and opportunities through:
- Employment and case management services, skills assessment, career counseling.
All of these services are provided to you at no cost!