Want to know the secrets that will help you land AND keep your dream job? Join us for Succeed in Six and in 6 short sessions we'll tell you everything you need to know, THEN provide the opportunity for you to interview with several companies supporting the Succeed in Six initiative!
Reserved your seat TODAY! Call Kerrie at 278-8281 or email her at [email protected]
has the resources and expertise to help you find your next great position!
If you feel you have a pretty good start on your job search but just need access to the tools...
At each of our two One Stop career center locations you will find on–site resource rooms open Monday – Friday equipped with computers (w/Internet access as well as resume/cover letter templates and other tools) phones, fax machines, & copiers so you can hit the ground running. Or maybe you would like some assistance in preparing as effective and quick a job-search as possible? If so, we are here to help!
- Opportunities to meet directly with Businesses through events like weekly Business Recruitments, Open Recruitment sessions, and even Job Fairs
- On-the-Job Training incentives which reimburse your new employer up to 75% of your starting salary to help you nail down the job offer for a position where you may have a skills gap
- The area's Hottest Jobs updated frequently throughout the week right here on this website's HotJobs page!
- Regular informative Workshops delivered by Center employment professionals as well as Hiring Managers from local companies - Upcoming Workshops
- A weekly networking group called POD (Professional Opportunity Developers) for mid-to-upper management level individuals seeking re-employment
- Resume preparation assistance and review services
- Computer and Internet access with Assistive Technologies available including; headphones, adaptive computer (screen magnification, Read & Write Gold, JAWS, Dragon Naturally Speaking) high contrast keyboard with larger print characters, slimblade trackball, scanner and desktop microphone
- Career Counseling for those struggling with their job search, or thinking of changing careers but not really sure where to begin
- Access to current job openings
- Men’s & Women's Clothes Closet for interview preparation and career wear
- Message Service for those who may not have a reliable phone service for employment-related contacts from businesses
To Register with your local One Stop Center and begin receiving alerts to jobs that match your skill sets and objective:
Please print and complete these two Career Center Registration forms and bring them to your local Center any time Monday - Friday between 8:30am and 4:15pm to become a member of the Center and learn how we can best assist you with your local employment goals;
Equal Opportunity is the Law (this form is for you to keep)
Resume Services (Niagara Falls Center)
If you want a resume that will land you interviews, we can help!
* For new resumes from scratch, please complete a Resume Worksheet and return it to our office prior to your appointment.
* For a review of your current Resume, please get your current resume version to us prior to your appointment.
Three ways to get us your material:
- Drop off at the Customer Service desk of the Niagara's WorkSourceOne One Stop Career Center
- Email to Jerry
- Fax to Jerry's attantion at (716) 278-8585
Resumes by Appointment are available Tuesdays from 9am - 11am and Wednesdays from 10:30am - 2:30pm
Drop-In Resumes are offered on a first-come, first served basis on Fridays ONLY between 1pm and 3pm.
Resumes-by-Appointment with Eric Solli from the NYS Department of Labor (Wed. and Thurs. from 8:30am - 4:30pm)
One-Stop Services VIDEO Overviews
Filmed for Niagara Falls High School local access channel OSC-TV 21
- Let's Talk About It! with Ron Cunningham 3/20/17
- Community Conversations TV appearance with Judy Glaser 3/5/15
Below is a Department of Labor representative able to get immigrant/refugee customers connected with supports and services needed to help them secure employment in the US.
Services include: Immigration, refugee, transferring education or credential from another Country, refugee status, eligible to work in the US, ESL classes.
NYS Department of Labor
284 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14202
English-as-a-Second-Language locations in Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua and Cattaraugus Counties
Global Career Transitions - Resources for Credential Evaluation and Licensing
Individuals with barriers are encouraged to take advantage of our programs & services
Niagara County Employment and Training and Niagara County’s WorkSourceOne One-Stop Center are equal opportunity agencies/programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.