Consolidated Funding Applications for
Round 7 - now being accepted by the WNY Regional Economic Development Council
Over $800 Million in grant money available from 12 different New York State agencies across over 30 different programs.
Deadline to submit application is July 28th
Funding available through NYSDOL for occupational skills training for existing employees!
Learn the specifics and get your questions answered at the upcoming;
CFA Workshop: June 5th from 1:30 - 4pm at Buffalo State College
Link for more information, the Application, and to RSVP for the upcoming Workshop
On December 31st, 2016 minimum wage for most of NYS increased to $9.70/hr.
On December 1st, 2016 the USDOL's Overtime Final Rule took effect
The Overtime Rule
In 2014, President Obama directed the Secretary of Labor to update the overtime regulations to reflect the original intent of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and to simplify and modernize the rules so they’re easier for workers and businesses to understand and apply. The department has issued a final rule that will put more money in the pockets of middle class workers – or give them more free time.
The final rule will:
Raise the salary threshold indicating eligibility from $455/week to $913 ($47,476 per year), ensuring protections to 4.2 million workers.
- Automatically update the salary threshold every three years, based on wage growth over time, increasing predictability.
- Strengthen overtime protections for salaried workers already entitled to overtime.
- Provide greater clarity for workers and employers.
The final rule became effective on December 1, 2016. The final rule does not make any changes to the duties test for executive, administrative and professional employees.
For more information, please go to the USDOL site at https://www.dol.gov/whd/overtime/final2016/
Niagara’s WorkSourceOne is your source for all your staffing needs!
Whether you need Training resources:
- On-The-Job Training funding to reimburse 50 -75% of your costs for training a qualified new hire (MUST contact us before individual begins work) We can offset some of the cost involved in training new employees, and you can be assured your new employee is trained on company equipment, to company standards.
- Customized Training funds to assist in re-training your existing workers. Examples of previously funded projects include training workers on new manufacturing machinery or on a new software system recently installed.
- Post and promote your Job Openings in high profile locations - Complete a Job Order Formand let us get started finding your next great employee!
- Business Recruitment Events where you can meet with up to 30 interested candidates to discuss your company's opportunities, even do pre-screen interviews!
- Market your job postings or recruitment events through Hot Jobs and Upcoming Events boards at our Centers, as well as our website's Hot Jobs page!
- Professional Opportunity Developers (POD) group is your source for WNY's premier mid to upper management and technical candidates ready to contribute their talent and expertise to further your company's strategic direction...no head-hunter fees involved!
- Screening potential applicants pre-qualifying to your specifications
- Open interview sessions as needed to meet your staffing demands
- Pre-employment Literacy or Skills Testing
Looking for a Great employee?
Quarterly Business Newsletters
Sign up for Business E-News to receive our quarterly newsletter and alerts that help you stay current on training news and recruitment events that effect your Business!
We are your no-cost source for the tools you need to ensure your business is staffed, trained and competitive!
Put Us to Work for You!
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities