File a NEW claim >>
It is best to apply for unemployment insurance online during the hours of 7:30am - 7:30pm. If you are filing a new unemployment insurance claim, the day you should apply is based on the first letter of your last name.
- A - F file on Monday
- G - N file on Tuesday
- O - Z file on Wednesday
If you missed your day:
- File Thursday - Sunday.
- Any claim you file will be backdated to the date you became unemployed.
- If you are eligible, you will be paid for all benefits from that date forward.
To Apply by Telephone
- Call the Telephone Claim Center at 1-888-209-8124 toll-free
Filing hours are:
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 7:30 pm.
- Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 am to 8:00 pm.
What You Need to Know About Filing for Unemployment Insurance Benefits During the Pandemic: