The cut off date for submission of Applications has passed
April 26, 2013 was the deadline to turn in the Summer Youth Application & all required documents for youth 16 & 17 years old.
We are still accepting applications and documents for youth 18-19 years old until May 17, 2013
To Qualify you MUST be:
- A Niagara County Resident
- Ages 18 to 19 years old
- Meet income guidelines
Required Documents with Application:
- Social Security Card (copy)
- Birth Certificate (copy)
- Proof of address
- Photo ID (copy)
- Original working papers for youth 16-17 years of age (Green Card). Working paper applications can be obtained at your school and must be submitted through your school guidance counselor. They will provide you with the Working Paper (Green Card)
- Males who are 18 years of age of older must present evidence that they have registered for Selective Service in compliance with Section 3 of the Military Selective Service Act. Registration verification can be obtained from Selective Service website at www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx and print the resulting verification
- If you are under 18 your parent or guardian must sign the application
- If you are in high school or GED class a school official must complete the bottom portion of the application
- Recent Report Card for all high school students
Depending on your situation proof of income and additional documents may be requested so it is in your best interest to apply EARLY !
Young people from the Summer Youth Program 2012 speak out about how they benefited from participating in the program:
- Participating in this program was very beneficial to me. It has helped me gain more work ethic and influenced me to work hard
- Working at the site I was at helped me increase my communication skills and build confidence when I speak to various types of individuals
- It helped me buy things I wanted
- Because of my placement the hospital, I gained a lot of medical background experience
- Helped me learn how to work in an office environment
- I learned and improved my social and time management skills.
- I was able to acquire new skills from my work site and from the people I worked with and was able to earn money on my own and got to meet new friends
- I benefited from this program, I learned how to work with my teammates and increased my communication skills
- I enjoyed being employed especially because this was my first actual real job and now I have work experience
- The summer youth program did benefit me because I learned good work ethic and enjoyed helping the seniors.