Niagara's WorkSourceOne has the resources and expertise to help you find your next great position!
If you feel you have a pretty good start on your job search but just need access to the tools...
At each of our two One Stop career center locations you will find on–site resource rooms open Monday – Friday equipped with computers (w/ Internet access as well as resume /cover letter templates and other tools) phones, fax machines, & copiers so you can hit the ground running.
Or maybe you would like some assistance in preparing as effective and quick a job-search as possible? If so, we are here to help!
- Opportunities to meet directly with Businesses through events like weekly Business Recruitments, Open Recruitment sessions, and even Job Fairs
- On-the-Job Training incentives which reimburse your new employer 50% of your starting salary to help you nail down the job offer for a position where you may have a skills gap
- The area's Hottest Jobs updated frequently throughout the week right here on this website's Hot Jobs tab!
- Regular informative Workshops delivered by Center employment professionals as well as Hiring Managers from local companies - Upcoming Workshops
- A weekly networking group called POD (Professional Opportunity Developers) for mid-to-upper management level individuals seeking re-employment
- Resume preparation assistance and review services (See below for Tech Room schedule)
- Career Counseling for those struggling with their job search, or thinking of changing careers but not really sure where to begin
- Access to current job openings
- Men’s Clothes Closet for interview preparation and career wear [Women’s career wear Clothes Closet available at Everywoman Opportunity Center]
- Message Service for those who may not have a reliable phone service for employment-related contacts from businesses
To Register with your local One Stop Center and begin receiving alerts to jobs that match your skills sets and objective:
Please print out and complete the following forms, then bring them in to your local Center any time Monday - Friday between 8:30am and 4:15pm to become a member of the Center and learn how we can best assist you with your local employment goals.
1) Registration Form
2) Skills Matching Form
3) Equal Opportunity is the Law (This form is for your information and you should keep it BUT you do want to indicate you received it by placing an "x" on the first form - Center Registration - line 25.)
Tech Room Services and Schedule (Niagara Falls Center):
Resume and Cover Letter Assistance
o By Appointment: call 278-8295 to schedule
o Drop-in: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9am – 11am
- For drop-ins you must either bring with you a previous resume version or a completed Resume Worksheet
Computer Skills drop-in session: Tuesday & Thursday 1pm – 2pm
o Get help with your online job search, setting up an e-mail account, attaching your resume to online applications, basic Microsoft skills, etc.
Smart Phone browser e-tools:
Niagara County Employment and Training and Niagara County’s WorkSourceOne One-Stop Center are equal opportunity agencies/programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.