Niagara’s WorkSourceOne is YOUR source for employment, re-employment and recruitment assistance! Niagara’s WorkSourceOne is the largest Employment & Training initiative in Niagara County. At the two One-Stop Career Center locations, Niagara’s WorkSourceOne harnesses the resources of various organizations in Niagara County to provide a seamless array of services to both local businesses and to job seekers who are unemployed, under-employed, or “dislocated” due to business closure or significant lay-off of the workforce.
- On-The-Job Training funding to reimburse up to 75% of your costs for training a qualified new hire (MUST contact us before individual begins work)
- Customized Training funds to assist in re-training your existing workers. Examples of previously funded projects include training workers on new manufacturing machinery or on a new software system recently installed.
- Business Recruitments where you can meet with up to 30 interested candidates to discuss your company’s opportunities, even do pre-screen interviews!
- Professional Opportunity Developers (POD) group is your source for WNY’s premier mid to upper management candidates ready to contribute their talent and expertise to further your company’s strategic direction…..no head-hunter fees involved!
- Post and promote your Job Openings in high profile locations
- Market your job postings or recruitment events on Hot Jobs and Upcoming Events boards in our Centers as well as through our website's Hot Jobs page!
- Screening potential applicants pre-qualifying to your specifications
- Open interview sessions as needed to meet your staffing demands
- Literacy or Skills Testing
- Or let us customize a recruitment tool specifically for your company's needs!
We are your No Cost source for the tools you need to ensure your business is staffed, trained, and competitive! Put Us to Work For You!
We have the resources and expertise to help you find your next great position or re-train for new opportunities!
- On–site resource room equipped with: Computers w/Internet access, Phones, Fax, Copier
- Opportunities to meet directly with Businesses through events like weekly Business Recruitments, Open Recruitments, and Job Fairs
- On-the-Job Training incentives to help you nail down the job offer for a position where you may have a skills gap
- Regular informative Workshops delivered by employment professionals and Hiring Managers from local companies
- Professional Opportunity Developers (POD) – Weekly networking opportunity for mid-to-upper management individuals seeking employment
- Resume preparation assistance and review services
- Career Counseling and skill, interest, aptitude and literacy testing
- Access to current job openings
- Financial assistance screening for vocational training
- Men’s & Women's Clothes Closet for interview preparation and career wear
- Message Service for those who may not have a reliable phone service for employment-related contacts from businesses
Niagara County Employment & Training (NCET), partnering with the local New York State Department of Labor's Division of Workforce Services and other community partners, operates Niagara’s WorkSourceOne One Stop Career Center. NCET also administers the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) for Adults, Dislocated Workers, and Young Adults, as well as other funds as approved by the Niagara County Workforce Development Board.
The Workforce Development Board, NCET and Niagara’s WorkSourceOne’s governing body, is a business-led Board focusing on strategic planning, policy development, and oversight of our local system. Information on the Board can be found at the Niagara County WDB's website. Niagara’s WorkSourceOne One-Stop Center and all partners are equal opportunity agencies/programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
The local WIOA Equal Opportunity Officer is Kathryn Krebs, phone (716) 278-8109, 1001 Eleventh Street, Niagara Falls, NY.
Advancing Employment Solutions